Six months of darkness for 15 years

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/18/six-months-of-darkness-for-15-years.html

7 Likes

This should be mandatory for anyone suggesting we should colonze space.

10 Likes

It’s good to know there are people who can stand that, because I’d crack like a piñata. Even in Georgia I’m yearning for warmer southerly climes once the temps start dropping.

4 Likes

I remember being in elementary school and hearing about Richard Byrd’s experience of manning an antarctic weather station “Alone.” It was one of my biggest fantasies for years. I finally read the book a year ago. The threat of death from carbon monoxide poisoning from the iced-over stove made it decidedly lest romantic.

7 Likes

This sounds divine.

2 Likes

Western New York resident and acknowledged introvert here: I know how this guy feels.

2 Likes

I could totally do it IF I had internet and my MIDI rig.

And lots of herb

3 Likes

In my universal head cannon, internet and herb are basic human rights. They should be freely available to everyone.

On the other hand, MIDI is a choice. Everyone should have access to one of MIDI, CV or USB-controlled devices though.

(Edited for grammar)

2 Likes

There’s some CV, Roland, and Korg DIN in there too, rest assured. Slaved to Ableton with Expert Sleepers’ Silent Way and ES-40/ESX-8MD eurorack. Sample tight!

Also:

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.