Six Tarkovsky movies online free of charge

Indeed.

4 Likes

I’m guessing you already know of Yuri Norstein’s Tale of Tales. (ranked one of the best animations of all time.) Sporadically cryptic to this Westerner (I assume much less so to Russians), I felt compelled to purchase a wonderful book that provides an analysis of ToT based on interviews with Norstein and others.

2 Likes

That’s colonel Hadfield.

Oh no. Thnak you for sharing. It is wonderful, like a kind of dream.

You’re welcome.
(Note that YT videos in no way capture the details. Luckily, there’s a Japanese bluray restored 2K transfer (english subtitles) available.)

Yes, made up of Norstein’s and production members’ remembrances of their past. A very Russian film. I highly recommend Yuri’s other works, especially Hedgehog in the Fog. Yuri has only put out a half-dozen of his own films, the process being laborious and always involving his artist wife and their very small team of helpers. Their latest project (and just a few minutes of it shown here), The Overcoat, has already spent >40 years in production, and animators and followers worldwide (even animation-fan Christopher Nolan’s name has come up) have been offering to help them complete the film; Yuri and his team have respectfully declined, knowing that the film is likely to never be finished.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.