Sky to dim as enormous Saharan dust cloud heads to US

Originally published at: Sky to dim as enormous Saharan dust cloud heads to US | Boing Boing

8 Likes

this pleases me

11 Likes

But should America really be bringing in its choking dust from dictatorships like Libya, when it has a perfectly good source of democratic particulates in northern Canada?

(I don’t know, that’s how people talk about oil.)

17 Likes

Looks like it’s not going to get up here, though… mostly on the gulf coast… :sob: It’s gonna probably keep being hot as hell in the ATL…

I Love Lucy Heat GIF by Paramount+

9 Likes

See, told ya, you nervous nellies! Climate change is nothing to worry about. The desertification will offset the volatile weather systems. Burn Baby, Burn!

6 Likes

If it reduces hurricanes, they’ve probably already started on the plans to install a few really big fans…

Wind Power Loop GIF by xponentialdesign

Nope, too slow…

St Louis Tornado GIF by SYFY

Oops!
:grimacing:

4 Likes

Exactly. Corporate America has no shame, now they’re even out-sourcing our particulate matter.
/s

4 Likes

I find it bonkers that so much sand can be carried so far. The atmosphere is mind-boggling. And to think that it is all caused by some butterfly in China. :thinking:

6 Likes

I would, too, if I hadn’t been there. The sand in the Sahara is not like what most of us think of as sand. It’s fine as flour. Or pollen.
I got trapped in a town in rural Tunisia on the edge of the desert for 3 or 4 days due to a really minor sandstorm because combustion engines just wouldn’t work. Everything was shut down.

9 Likes

On Mars dust storms are the main form of weather

4 Likes
2 Likes

Morbo Futurama GIF - Morbo Futurama WindmillsDoNotWorkThatWay ...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.