Smart mattress alerts you when your spouse cheats on you

[Read the post]

Itā€™s too bad you could never say, lie about what happened. Like the kids jumping on the bed or you having to chase a bird around the room.

Iā€™d use that money to hire a PI instead, itā€™d be a lot cheaper and thereā€™d be photos!

1 Like

And what if they are cheating on the kitchen counter instead of the bedroom?

10 Likes

Well, obviously youā€™d scatter these mattresses throughout the house.

25 Likes

A prime example of how to achieve something in the most expensive possible way. Former military contractor? How about this solution if you really need this particular ā€œserviceā€. An app for the old smartphone you have lying around that uses itā€™s accelerometer. Stash it between the mattress & boxspring and check it when the coast is clear.

But if this is something youā€™re desperate for, either you already know somethingā€™s up, or youā€™re a paranoid freak. Either way the relationship is doomed.

7 Likes

Or in the car, or on the floor?

Or in a box, or while wearing socks?

21 Likes

They should call it the ā€œTempur-Tantric Matressā€.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be curious to know if there are any applications(seems like something a sleep study might be interested in, and once you have all the electrodes and the tech and so on, the marginal cost just wouldnā€™t seem so scary) that actually require the higher resolution accellerometer coverage; and this hoax and/or speculative attempt at cash in is using those in order to avoid having to do any real integration of their own or risk having a ā€˜productā€™ that looks like it was bodged together out of scrap parts; because it was.

< runs off to trademark ā€œSmounter Topsā€ >

5 Likes

Or, the simpler approach might be to not profess to monogamous relationships, if thatā€™s not what you do. People make things ridiculously complicated.

5 Likes

phone broken = adultery? and cracked only in less serious cases?

2 Likes

There are a few trackers out there that already do this - Eight and Beddit, for example, offer hardware sensors to track sleep. They donā€™t mention monitoring sexual activity, but I would guess it would be trivial to add those features.

Once youā€™ve got the senors and the monitoring software, it would also be possible to create some very interesting IFTTT recipes; trigger some mood music, ordering a post-coital pizza, resupply of condoms after x number of rompsā€¦

2 Likes

No. A smart mattress knows when to keep its mouth shut.

22 Likes

a Goldberg-esque contraption pressing the condom Dash button

6 Likes

1 Like

ā€¦but memory foam never forgets!

9 Likes

How about adding a nano-sized clamping mechanism to a Fitbit, jam it into a bit of cheese and Bobā€™s your uncle?

Speaking of memory foam, I recently bought a cheapo memory foam mattress, and have been mulling over slicing some channels in it and outfitting it with refrigerant tubes.

I still have some kit left over from when I built a dry ice based ā€œair conditionerā€. Dry ice goes in a cooler outside, and I ran copper tubing into the house and in front of a fan, with an inline aquarium pump moving antifreeze.

1 Like

So you made your bed, and now you canā€™t lie in it?

1 Like