Snake put in wall to scare out all the rats

Originally published at: Snake put in wall to scare out all the rats | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What do you do if the snake doesn’t come back out?

20 Likes

Obviously, then you shove a mongoose in the hole!

38 Likes

What you do if the mongoose doesn’t come out’a the hole?

18 Likes

That’s when you send in the snake-eating gorillas.

20 Likes

Well of course, that’s when you send in the goose, mon!

20 Likes

Video is in Spanish, the person talks about how he recently did a job where his snake managed to get 50-100 rats out of the walls. He also mentions that with the snake there’s no need to do fumigation. The interesting thing is that for this job he talks about how the snake has already eaten so it’s not hungry, he’s just there to scare the rats out but he doesn’t really talk about what motivates the snake to come back out or at least i didn’t catch him discussing it. The audio isn’t totally great so i was having trouble discerning the mumble talk but he mentions that the snake once it’s herded all the rats out it might rest for 10 minutes before coming out, and then there’s more after that but i couldn’t understand it.

33 Likes

Feed the captured rats to the snake??? What are you, crazy?!? There’s no telling what diseases those rats could be carrying. You don’t want to hurt a good worker like the snake by feeding it bad food.

15 Likes

I quite like the “snake employment” tag. :slight_smile: :snake:

17 Likes

I had a neighbor do that when he was cleaning up a house he owned that he’d rented. It was full of mice. He found a rat snake in the garage and thought, “This’ll get rid of the mice!” and put it inside. It disappeared into the walls, and he had no way of getting it out, since it was a wild snake.

Climate control, lots of mice to eat, no predators… why would the snake ever leave?

14 Likes

I wonder if the snake finds it weird to be mouse-holing?

2 Likes

Dunno, but you’ve probably got a dead old lady on your hands by then, too.

19 Likes

Good thing it wasn’t hungry, 'cause if it ate one while in the wall, it would’ve had to really struggle to get back out that hole…

12 Likes

Wow, you really took that to a dark place.

5 Likes

“… of course.”

7 Likes

Sending a cyber hug, Right Now…

3 Likes

That will not revive her. She ate a horse.

:wink:

10 Likes

The snake should get a better union, like the cats did

10 Likes

In the off chance you are unfamiliar:

5 Likes

I don’t speak Spanish so I just imagined it was a casual conversation about the weather or the traffic, had while collecting a bucket of rats using a pizza box and a broom.

As one does of a Tuesday.

5 Likes