Snap Chat's failing sales leadership jumps to Netflix's sinking ship

Originally published at: Snap Chat's failing sales leadership jumps to Netflix's sinking ship | Boing Boing

1 Like

Sounds like it’s probably a good move by Netflix.

To be clear, I’m not a fan of an ad-supported Netflix, but if they’re going to do it, hiring people who understand the space very well is a good call.

I suspect Snapchat’s problems have little to do with the quality of the ad sales team and a lot to do with the dramatic decline in their popularity.

3 Likes

Netflix should have different subscription options, but I just don’t see how anyone who could sell a show to streamers would choose Netflix. Too many shows with good reviews and a large fanbase get cancelled after a season or two. I’ve almost entirely lost faith in any new Netflix series will be completed and will only start completed series, with the exception of The Sandman (which is great).

1 Like

As I recall, their initial differentiating factors were the videos that expired after a set period of time and “not Facebook”. Is there anything else that would interest young people in Snapchat?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.