SNL's Waffle House skit serves up delicious dramedy

Originally published at: SNL's Waffle House skit serves up delicious dramedy | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Real stuff. And, I’d love to see the outtakes.

5 Likes

Not only was it the best sketch of the night, but it’s the best sketch they’ve done in awhile.

7 Likes

I hope they don’t try to build a Waffle House Cinematic Universe(WHCU), but it was good enough that a sequel or two might be justified.

6 Likes

They could, but honestly the only thing I think they should bring back is Mikey Day’s Florida Man character. That was great.

2 Likes

Searches for “what is police code 724” are trending. I think it’s made up

3 Likes

That’s not the real Waffle Haus.

3 Likes

These set pieces have been amazing for a while. I can understand why the people making them are planning to strike. The Super Mario one was one of the best in recent memory.

5 Likes

Especially considering they’re not even getting paid scale. I mean, WTF.

1 Like

Man I miss SNL and wish it hadn’t been moved off of Hulu. Oh well.

1 Like

Eh? I’m watching Saturday’s episode right now, on Hulu.

1 Like

Standard Hulu in the US, without live TV, was stripped of most NBC content within the past year or so.

2 Likes

Yeah, what he said? Where do you live? I need one of them there VPNs.

1 Like

Alabama, USA. We see SNL, with commercials. Maybe Ms. Pane has us on a basic subscription.

It says it is available with “Live TV” which I think is an add on with Hulu. So you must have an extra perk that I don’t! Can I come over and watch? :wink:

I did catch the first half of the Travis Kelce Episode live, but I am so bad at watching live TV.

1 Like

I am torn between laughing at the utter chaos happening inside the diner, and not laughing because the background activity is just a “normal day/night” at Waffle House. (I realize that the depicted events may have actually happened, just not “neatly” on the same day within the same 5 minute window.)

1 Like

National Waffle Day GIF

Dj Waffle GIF

Cat Space GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.