Snowden offered asylum in Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua

We already know how protesting in the streets ends (see: the dismantling of Occupy camps). Our Congress is paralyzed by its own intransigence, a situation that will not change come elections this November. Our Executive seems totally cool with the status quo (if not hip to expanding the dragnet). Our Judiciary is either completely corrupt or not being asked to weigh in on the correct questions (and refusing to take on the cases with the right questions, now we’re back to corrupt).

Do you have a viable option for Usians to pursue? Serious question.

I honestly believe them doing that actually brings more attention to your fucked up police state. Do it again. And again.

I live in argentina, and it was the first time i heard and saw of you guys doing anything like that. Then again, most of the coverage was fox ssaying it was just the dirty communist pot smokers. There is too much violence in the air for you guys to just wait for elections. Take action, that is the entire point of the whistleblowing.

Something more constructive than telling us all to get charged for treason or as a terrorist would be appreciated.

The surveillance is not about keeping us safe but to crush dissent. In 2011, the DHS asked its regional affiliates to report on “Peaceful Activist Demonstrations, in addition to reporting on domestic terrorist acts and ‘significant criminal activity.’” During the Occupy Boston event, the FBI received the second of two Russian police warnings about the extremist Islamist activities of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the future Boston Marathon bomber. It seems they were too busy with Occupy to even bother.

I’d be interested to know if Snowden dumped his savings into some kind of cryptocurrency or if he’s depending on the kindness of strangers from here out.

I’m definitely glad Morales made the offer, just bemused that it was apparently motivated by spite rather than genuine humanitarian concerns.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.