Society of the spectacle? Discussions on the Mass media

To whoever wrote that tone-deaf headline…

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

4 Likes

I heard something today about more Palestinians dying some way or other, and it reminded me of something: I haven’t had hummus for awhile!

:weary:

3 Likes

News without sources, references, accreditation or conscious moderation.

You can’t even say “Some AI in a bar told me.”

6 Likes

From the replies:

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 1.02.41 PM

8 Likes

Fact Check Yes GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

A week after Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump proposed restricting food imports when asked how he’d lower the cost of food and groceries, many major newspapers, newswires, and broadcast news programs continue to ignore his proposal, which would lead to higher food prices for American consumers. And while broadcast news programs failed to report on the question and Trump’s long, rambling response, NBC late night host Seth Meyers and CBS late night host Stephen Colbert both highlighted Trump’s incoherence.

9 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

A right winf journalism school in France. What a concept!

[Enquête sur l’Institut libre de journalisme, l’école créée par la droite identitaire pour conquérir les médias (lemonde.fr)]

5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Professor Farnsworth Futurama GIF

9 Likes

Get ready for Vance to talk nonstop about Haitians eating pets and killing and raping children.

I thought ABC took a measured approach to fact checking in that Harris/Trump debate. They didn’t fact check everything, but they didn’t let Trump get away with the more egregious claims, like the pet eating Haitians.

8 Likes

it will be the typical gish-gallop, flood-the-zone-with-shit from vance. Mr. Walz must bide his time and stay on top of that effluent gush and keep calm, just give factual information and stand aside the inevitable torrent of bullshit.

7 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

Time to change news sources again, I guess…

This segment from Belle on The Roads with Beau highlights why it is more difficult now:

5 Likes