Socks for people who don't like socks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/17/socks-for-people-who-dont-li-2.html

1 Like

No show socks are what women have called peds for decades.

8 Likes

And if your feet aren’t long enough to give them enough stretch, they just slip right off.

7 Likes

Though some of us don’t have that problem- perhaps another one. Longish and narrow foot.

Still - In honor of their origination- they should be called girl socks.

6 Likes

Socks for people who don’t like socks.

Sandals?

2 Likes

Don’t like … socks?

That’s like not liking breathing. Socks are a part of life.

4 Likes

Can you get white ones to wear with sandals?

2 Likes

My big problem with this genre of sock is they tend to be too low at the back for most sneaker designs, so I end up with blisters over my achilles tendons. And it especially happens with the stretchier / better kind, because the stretchiness is what makes them retract inside the shoe. So maybe this silicone grip strip is the answer to one of my smallest problems.

3 Likes

There’s a difference between sneaker socks and no show socks. Sneaker socks are higher which I found out the hard way when I bought a pack and they were visible over a canvas shoe. There are few things I hate more in clothing than the tops of socks showing. Which makes current fashion unbearable to look at.

You probably want ankle socks. I love them for sneakers in the summer.

1 Like

holy orders

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.