Socks for people who don't like socks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/29/socks-for-people-who-dont-li.html

1 Like

Man my feet get cold in summer (or what passes for it in the Pacific Northwest) so going without sock is a never gonna happen for me. Or at least if I am not wearing sandals cause I refuse to be that guy.

9 Likes

“Socks for people who like their socks to get lost in their shoe and jammed up near the toe by the end of the day.”

No thank you.

13 Likes

I thought this was just going to be a picture of Crocs.

9 Likes

I thought it was going to be a sock tattoo.

12 Likes

The finest socks I own are from Maggie’s Organics. I definitely recommend their footie socks and crew socks. Comfortable and wear like iron.

3 Likes

I use something very similar myself, and so far they haven’t required any sort of rubber grip to stay put.

I 100% agree with Mark on this, though - these “barely socks” socks are so much better in almost every way then the “usual” tube socks - circulation, breathability, etc.

Definitely not for places with actual winter, but surely a great option the rest of the year.

2 Likes

“Native Jeffersons” are basically “Crocs for people who don’t like Crocs.”

6 Likes

Cotton? No thanks.

I replaced all my socks with Darn Tough wool crew socks and haven’t looked back.

I can’t wear these minimal socks: the edge of my shoe chafes on my achilles tendon.

2 Likes

I’m way into socks. :wink:

11 Likes

Thanks for the tip – I used to get all of my wool socks at the discount sock store(s) in Kittery Maine, but they’re gone now, and I definitely need some good warm socks for the New England winters.

Heck yeah!!

4 Likes

I own more socks than our illustrious editors/authors own BBS-recommended kitchen gadgets.

15 Likes

On the rare occasions where socks are called for, like worn with a suit, no-show socks are going to look very weird. You’d be better off not splitting the difference and just going barefoot, unless you’re committed enough to get paisley ankle tattoos.

I deeply hate socks and am also a lawyer, which is a rough combination, so I’m glad to have discovered extra-wide bamboo fiber socks, which look like you still know how to dress yourself but actually feel OK. They are breathable, stretchy- but not to the point of leaving impressions- and fairly thin, and last as long as any other sock. No need for a brand name or affiliate link, you’re a grownup.

Outside of court I get by wearing sandals and canvas shoes most of the year.

4 Likes

We picked these up last Fall. Perfect with our loungewear and in bed. Incredibly cozy and warm!! We got the striped ones, even though they give off a ‘Suessian’ vibe. They look super cute though on my gal’s tiny feet.

BTW: They are not “Heated” as described.

3 Likes

Seeing people wearing leather dress shoes without socks grosses me out. There, I’ve said it.:expressionless:

9 Likes

I can also recommend “World’s Softest Socks” for soft, fuzzy, cozy, and warm socks. They make wonderful gifts.
But they’re not very durable and wear through after a year or so.

5 Likes

They look nice!

2 Likes

I have never put a tenth this much thought into my socks. I wear them, then wash them, then wear them again. I thought socks were like the simplest thing in the world. Huh.

2 Likes

I was in my 30’s before I stopped darning my socks. Now I realize that cheap socks aren’t worth darning, and good socks don’t need darning. Guess I’m all growed up now!

6 Likes

Socks are from the Devil.