Good price on my favorite shoes -- Native Jeffersons

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/16/good-price-on-my-favorite-sho.html

3 Likes

Is it acceptable to wear these with socks?

How about to wear them in the pool?

1 Like

I skimmed the reviews and it looks like a lot of people wear them as water shoes.

1 Like

I’ve owned 2 pairs over the years and i would not wear them without socks. The shoes while are soft they are still rubber and the very few instances i tried wearing them without socks i found it very uncomfortable. Feet would sweat or i’d get random dirt and sand in the shoes… mix that with the sweat and you got a very uncomfortable situation. The shoes themselves are great though but i found sizing to be kind of variable. First pair were loose and the second pair were uncomfortably tight. I haven’t used the 2nd pair much, i waited a few months to try them out and it was too late to exchange them.

3 Likes

… can not un-see.

4 Likes

Crocs are pretty great water shoes, but I suspect these would be even better since they’d stay on your feet better.

1 Like

what is wrong with you ?

6 Likes

Can’t say as I’ve not tried either, I’m more of a Teva/Chacos person.

1 Like

Well, they certainly pin the geek-meter.

2 Likes

I’ve tried Crocs and Natives. Crocs i had to use when i injured my foot and couldnt wear regular shoes for a month or so. They’re great for casual wear but with Natives you can get away with wearing them in more situations. In fact I used to wear them to the office with black socks to match the black color of the shoes, most people didn’t notice they weren’t standard shoes. They also have quite a wide variety of styles that look really nice. My frustration with the Native shoes is that they never have the exact color and size that i wear and i end up trolling ebay, amazon and a few other sites to track down what i need. Or spend full price for a pair at their website.

2 Likes

I like crocs much better than Tevas for creekwalking, and slightly better for beachwalking and decked boats, but I like tevas slightly better for deckless boats.

Neither is optimal for chainsawing and welding. Obligatory “Or so I’ve heard…”

3 Likes

Different strokes for different folks as they say!

Hah, I’m sure.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Native Papasans

4 Likes

5 Likes

I saw an epic slipper swatting at Costco Sunday, the delayed silent primal scream was award worthy.

PS. Don’t beat your kids, god’damit!

1 Like

Don’t tell that to a mom with a chancla. You might not survive.

2 Likes

Roger That!

1 Like

I never wear socks with them, … They are great for going through TSA checkpoints

Is it just me? Any body?

3 Likes

I bought some Crocs, and I think they’re pretty good for the office:

(Although they might not look as nice on a dude)

3 Likes