Solar system drinking glasses

[Permalink]

1 Like

No no, Pluto should be a teeny little thimble. That way, Sol will only be the size of a house.

4 Likes

One for each planet plus one for Sol. That’s ten.

1 Like

Pluto isn’t a planet. You can keep calling it one out of nostalgia or whatever, but that don’t cut any ice with the IAU.

3 Likes

The IAU doesn’t cut out your brain and put in a canister. Better let the Fungi have their planet, even if they prefer the native term for it, Yuggoth.

6 Likes

Exactly! In my day, Pluto was a planet! And back then, I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. “Give me five bees for a quarter you’d say.” Now where was I? Oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

8 Likes

“Well, OK, so long as you don’t make me drink it out of Uranus.”

12 Likes

If you break one, ask for a replacement, but keep the shards of the broken glass between your Mars and Jupiter glasses.

10 Likes

It’s a naming convention, not a law of nature, though. Essentially arbitrary, like Apatosaurus versus Brontosaurus, and thus just a marker of science hipness.

If Pluto gets a glass then Eris should have one too.

6 Likes

Sure. A golden glass.

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to be glad or disappointed that it took seven comments before someone got to that.

2 Likes

Yes, I really expected it to be if not the first post, then at least #2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.