"Some call him pig!"

Originally published at: "Some call him pig!" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

babe something GIF

31 Likes

The pose looks wrong for mouth-to-mouth, so what the hell is that??

23 Likes

I distinctly remember this advert campaign, it was off putting, even straight laced folk hated it. WTF were they thinking :thinking:

13 Likes

[channeling Jon Stewart] “… a poster from the West Virginia State Police, or NAMBLA…”

9 Likes

I think the idea was, indeed, that he’s giving the kid mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but the artist decided that the actual mouth-to-mouth pose–kneeling over the subject who is lying on the ground–wasn’t dramatic enough.

6 Likes

Both the painting and the original are viscerally and immediately disturbing. It seems as if maybe the PR firm that the cops hired should have done a little more work.

7 Likes

It’s obviously the direct inspiration, more competently painted if no less peculiar.

Just from a competency standpoint, I love how it makes the trooper’s hat look like it raises off his head whenever he blows into the kid’s mouth. :+1: /s

8 Likes

Man, I’m guessing this is in the police station rather than outside, because it’s really screaming for a little correction of “pig” to “pedo.”

7 Likes

@knoxblox I love how it makes the trooper’s hat look like it raises off his head whenever he blows into the kid’s mouth. :+1: /s

All that’s missing is the Slide Whistle Slides Down - YouTube sound to make it more believable.

8 Likes

Well… It’s dramatic.

6 Likes

And in fact mouth-to-mouth is no longer even practiced as part of CPR because it was shown to not do enough good to be worth stopping chest compressions for. Using a bag is still worthwhile if you have two people, but mouth-to-mouth is no longer taught in CPR training (at least where I live), aside from ensuring the airway is clear. All these pigs do have their CPR certifications up to date, I trust?

12 Likes

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

6 Likes

18 Likes

“I mean, you murder one black kid in cold blood and they forget all about that time you improperly administered mouth-to-mouth to the Johnson kid!”

s/

Plus I would imagine that flexing the kids torso in that way ensures that his lungs won’t fill properly. Cops rival evangelicals in their whining and self-victimizing.

ETA: See also: really bad art and unintentional comedy.

8 Likes

Always call the person with the gun sir/ma’am.

1 Like

Wow. That’s, uh… quite an image.

2 Likes

12 Likes

So…sexual assault, then. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear what’s happening in these images.

8 Likes