Somebody matched scenes from Peanuts TV specials to "Roundabout" and the results are excellent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/12/somebody-matched-scenes-from-peanuts-tv-specials-to-roundabout-and-the-results-are-excellent.html

10 Likes

Yes!!

7 Likes

That is truly fantastic.

4 Likes

You thought it was snoopy, but it was ME, DIO!

I really enjoyed this. I became a Yes fan after seeing JoJo lol

3 Likes

Awesome, but it is really necessary to say “somebody” did this? I’m sure the author would appreciate some well-deserved credit.

3 Likes

Prog rock and depressive 1960s kids comics: a winning combination that made me the man I am today.

11 Likes

I prefer that person remain like Tank Man from Tienanmen Square, anonymous and symbolic, so that he or she can represent ALL of us.

Haha no seriously, credit should be given.

3 Likes

Not bad. Check out this Bad Brains version sync’d w/ the Christmas special.

6 Likes

This is wonderful!

For me, it joins Spongebob singing “Warpigs” as a very good thing:

2 Likes

It must have been quite the long distance runaround to find all those clips.

I’m in favor of introducing more people to Yes.

6 Likes

Awesome!
(i never before realized that Roger Dean’s entire oeuvre was inspired by a line from this song; “Mountains come out of the air and stand there.” Which also means that the “look” of Avatar was inspired by Jon Anderson’s stream-of-consciousness lyrical style.)
Combining my childhood with my teen-age years like that was too much for my tear ducts.
Thanks, Mark.

6 Likes

Most wonderful. Shared with several friends.

Now that you mention it, Linus DOES look a lot like Steve Howe as a kid! Such great music.

2 Likes

Wow, that is so tremendously fantastic!! Such great joy and great lip syncing too!

1 Like

Fan-freaking-tastic!!! But I was a little weirded out as I don’t ever recall seeing grown ups in these shows. also, notice how no one has ever seen Schroeder and Rick Wakeman in the same room at the same time!??!

4 Likes

Aw!

Puts me in mind of this one, also nicely done:

This one is, like the Yes one, also by Garren Lazar:

Why yes, if Lucy grew up to be a rock goddess, she probably would sing like that! :smiley:

5 Likes

Another good one (I prefer this one, actually) by Garren Lazar. A cover of LaGrange by ZZ Top (link is in “good one”, I forgot how to embed a video here)

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Enjoyed Bad Brains much more than that horrid prog rock in the original post (sorry to those of you who like that stuff).

2 Likes

That was utterly FANTASTIC!

Every single frame of this was just perfect. What a labour of love.

I’m going to see what else this guy’s done - if it’s a fraction as good as this I’ll want to see it.

@frauenfelder please update the post to give some credit to the maker!

Lucy holds the football, Charlie Brown begins to runs towards it…

:arrow_left:To Be Continued

This is great, because the Roundabout one just made me realize how much influence Yes had on The Police.

2 Likes