Someone in Ukraine really liked 'Red Dawn'

Now, if this gets included in the movies that get made about the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the cycle continues.

3 Likes

William Smith, you say, it is good to be able to put a name to a body… er-hum… familiar face.

3 Likes

On that note

Probably the toughest guy in the world in the 70s. He could eat nails, eat glass and could ride a motorcycle upside down. Good actor, good friend, very gentle person–a gentleman."
– Fred Williamson on William Smith

4 Likes

Wow! What guy!

2 Likes

That reminds me of the case during the Carolina Maneuvers in the buildup to WWII when a river crossing was held up for an hour by a few kids with a carbide cannon.

1 Like

You can say the scenario depicted in the original Red Dawn (Cuba invading the US) was absolutely absurd, but I’m not really seeing the connection to Nazi propaganda. If anything, the movie gets you thinking about the mindset of people whose countries are being invaded, something that is quite worthwhile. During the Iraq War, I remember reading more than one blog posting reminding us that the Iraqi insurgents were the “Wolverines” from their own viewpoint and the US were the bad guys to them.

1 Like

War is sexy
War is fun
Iron Ego
Red Dawn
Be a wolverine. You’ll rule the hills
Just get some guns and Cheerios
Any kid can conquer Libya
Just steal a fighter plane

Look who came home in a wheelchair
V.A. Hospital, they don’t care
“We’re the machine
You’re just a tool.”
Who fell for the myth of Rambozo the Clown

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.