Someone trained an AI neural network to generate Apocalyptic Bible prophecies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/28/someone-trained-an-ai-neural-n.html

2 Likes

Some day people will believe this shit too!

5 Likes

I’ll take, “This Won’t End Well” for $100.

8 Likes

Indistinguishable from the original. I heartily approve and endorse this use of AI

4 Likes

I see-eth what thou dost, there.

3 Likes

So easy to beat Joseph Smith on the Turing Test.

4 Likes

We need another program that will automatically read it aloud in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson: “Do you read the bible, Brett? Well, there’s this passage I got memorized…”

1 Like

[Good]

Does it email them to you so you can check them using the Pine email client on Slackware Linux? Because that’s what the picture looks like.

1 Like

He that abideth in truth

and will have frankincense and myrrh

smeared on his gums in abundance,

and he shall dwell

in the house of the Lord

for six months with an option to buy.

But the wicked man

shall have all kinds of problems.

His tongue shall cleave

to the roof of his upper palate.

And he shall speak like a woman,

if you watch him closely

And he shall…

The wicked man shall be

delivered into the hands of his enemy,

whether they can

pay the delivery charge or not.

And… Wait, I have more

about the wicked man.

I shall walk through

the valley of the shadow of death…

In fact, now that I think of it,

I shall run through

the valley of the shadow of death,

cos you get out of the valley

quicker that way.

And he that hath clean hands

and a pure heart is OK in my book.

But he that fools around with

barnyard animals has got to be watched.

(Love & Death – Woody Allen)

2 Likes

I swear, if someone went on a city street corner and read this out verbatim, they would have a dozen followers by the end of the day. They might have to read it a few times, mind you. If they were already in one of those megachurches, nobody would notice the difference.

“There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend’s hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o’clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one…”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.