Sony offers "The Last of Us" skateboard with "post-pandemic distressing" effect

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/26/sony-offers-the-last-of-us.html

1 Like

Mid-pandemic is distressing enough.

8 Likes

In Part II, the surviving remnants of humanity are divided into two camps: the people who insist that heavily guarded Quarantine Zones are an essential safeguard for society’s continued existence and the people who want to throw open the doors in the belief that the Cordyceps-infected zombies are fake news blown out of proportion by the media to make their warlord of choice look bad.

20 Likes

I just don’t get buying ads for big companies

6 Likes

post-pandemic distressing

Weeping in a corner?

2 Likes

Don’t forget the zombies still mumbling about how they supported the fungus because it promised to clean up the prokaryotes and vermin; and now it’s infecting the wrong people. Those ones are important.

6 Likes

community-shirley-drinking

8 Likes

That is not funny!

2 Likes

You know, i’m not a massive gamer but i do love games and i enjoy reading about them and listening to pods about them but the fuckery that publishers get up to when promoting them gets right on my nerves.

5 Likes

I suppose if the pandemic gets worse than anything in their game, they won’t be around to feel silly about it…

2 Likes

So SONY finally has found a way to make people pay for the virus. I wonder if they’ll try to get the copyright on it.

3 Likes

Why just play the game when you can live it?!

3 Likes

Is no one going to mention that this is $200 for a f-ing deck with essentially no artwork, just a giant name on it?

4 Likes

Completely ridiculous.

1 Like

That pretty much sums up most overpriced gaming tat.

5 Likes

That board is going to look totally sketch after the '21 Fungal Leprosy Event.

Companies must buy ad space in the media, but people eagerly shell out big money to become walking billboards.

2 Likes

What, no Supreme logo?

Pre pandemic:
Youness Balloon Skateboard Deck 8.375'

27tgai

2 Likes