Sony's Bad Bunny Spider-Man movie "El Muerto" just lost its release date

Originally published at: Sony's Bad Bunny Spider-Man movie "El Muerto" just lost its release date | Boing Boing

1 Like

I suspect this is more likely a result of the WGA strike. They’re moving ahead with what looks like a truly awful Kraven movie. Morbius made money for Sony, despite being horrible. The Venom movies have also been profitable. They aren’t making MCU money, but as long as they’re turning a profit, why would they stop?

1 Like

What I imagine the film would be like (if it were ever made)

So…a “silver mask-man” (El Santo) with a Punisher logo who wrestles.

Jessica Jones GIF

2 Likes

Muertos? If olny they had made a zombie movie…

1 Like

The really baffling bit to me is that they set these movies in a universe that explicitly doesn’t have a Spider-Man. So they’re not even Spider-Man’s unknown villains. They’re a bunch of… anti-heroes? Who form a team, maybe? To do…?

Ha ha, not likely.

Yeah, all the movies that haven’t been completely filmed have either had their release dates pushed way back or removed entirely.

In this case, they were going to film it this summer, obviously can’t/won’t be able to, don’t know when they will be able to, plus all the other shifting schedules are making it impossible to nail down a release date.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.