Sounds like we are in for a floor fight

“In an unprecedented show of bias, the Democrats threw they weight behind the registered Democrat. That’s not fair. That’s like Sam’s Club refusing to take your Blockbuster card.”

• Steven Colbert
3 Likes

Yes, the agenda was to be easily refuted by other emails to the Sanders campaign.

“Hey! I just spent $2000 getting my lawn reseeded. And now you’ve ruined it! Who asked you to mow my lawn, and what makes you think you know how everyone wants their lawn mowed? That was a xeriscape landscaping two doors down, and you’ve destroyed it. Gee, thanks for nothing.”

1 Like

You can’t be that naive. Do you not know where the hacking came from?

Yes, of course. And don’t be naive, we’ve not seen the last of it.

1 Like

Maybe she just passed Go and said, “Fuck you, I’m doing it anyway.” Maybe she’s truly awful, with suspect ethics. The evidence: She is voted for Iraq, she voted for the Patriot Act, and she pushed fracking as Secretariat of State, etc.

Mr. Jilly and I have many heated discussions. HEATED. I’m not lobbying for her because she’s a woman. As I’ve said before, under that reasoning, I’d be carrying a Sarah Palin banner. I’m no Hillary apologist. She’s not my ideal candidate. Nor has she behaved ethically.

I’d like to suggest, carefully and gently, a different narrative. If you’ll bear with me. What does it take as a woman to get ahead in politics and succeed? What possible sacrifices to her own ethics (be they what they are) has she to endure because of her gender? When almost everyone around you is a white male what does that mean, what possible comprises do you have to make? What does that say about the rest of us, that we are unable to recognize that gender matters? She’s wanted to be president since she was a child.

Gender matters, mofos. It matters now, it matters when she made poor decisions to get ahead, it matters if she is president. It’s not just about her being Hillary. It’s about her being a woman and to pretend otherwise is a lovely place I’d like to live.

4 Likes

Because the bank always takes the money back? And if the money isn’t there they call the cops?

A bunch of them were this cycle, and have every cycle. As of this week, no, Clinton is the only politician left.

1 Like

I was thinking Community Chest, not Chance.

2 Likes

and that’s why we don’t want her. We don’t need more politicians.

2 Likes

So vote your conscience. Vote for Trump.

Me, I don’t think “politician” is a dirty word. That’s another of those right-wing ideas that the left has been embracing lately. Just as I like getting my medical care from someone who has chosen to become an expert in medicine, I like my legislators to be people who have chosen to become an expert in legislation, which is what politicians are. The best people in any field often strive for the top of their profession, why should politicians be any different? I’d rather vote for a politician that hungers to be president than for a politician that hungers to be a lobbyist.

4 Likes

Anyone trying to run for elected office is, by definition, a politician.

4 Likes

I just want to thank everybody for the great dialog, and good humor, and giving me a place to shoot off my frustrations. Good crowd here. I got to go to bed!

3 Likes

I agree - but there are both better and worse things to be than a politician. Not being one is not itself a pass.

…but then all the Sam’s Club people are continuing to wonder why the Blockbuster people aren’t shopping at Sam’s. Or something.

It’s more like Sam’s Club refusing to take your Sam’s Club card because last year you had a CostCo card.

If only those who were members longest got the benefits, nobody new would want to join.

5 Likes

Those two sentences can’t exist in the same universe.

4 Likes

I agree, but I don’t have a problem with our political system being populated with politicians.

I just found out that my sister is getting to go the DNC on Thursday night to watch the speeches. When I told husband, he said, “Tell her to yell BERNIE!”

7 Likes

Sarah Silverman was CENSORED

At the very beginning, when Al said, “I’m Al Franken and this past year I’ve been hashtag-I’m With Her,” and I was going to say, “And I’m Sarah Silverman, and this past year I’ve been with the possibly agnostic Jew.” But they were like, no.