Sounds like we are in for a floor fight

No, I call breaking the rules and lying about it without consequence privilege.

3 Likes

He’s doing just what he said he would.

1 Like

Well then, clearly, we need Trump in office to teach those Dems a lesson.

1 Like

I don’t think his delegates have been following his lead on that, but we’ll see, they may settle down.

I posted the link and the text above, but here you go: AcehGround.com - Berita Aceh Terkini dan Terbaru Hari Ini

You’ll want to see: 3. DNC officials worked closely with the Hillary Clinton campaign to respond to Sanders’ money laundering allegations

I guess it’s true then, he’s not a Democrat.

5 Likes

As he always does.

Priority #1: stop Trump.
Priority #2: destroy the hopelessly corrupt Democratic party.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’d hardly call that collusion. The DNC received questions about the phony “money laundering” allegations, so they asked the HRC campaign about it, and they responded. Oh heavens! They did exactly what any rational person would do.

1 Like

You are doing a good job of sanitizing that.

You do realize that the “money laundering” issue was a complete fiction, right? The campaign was sending money downstream exactly as they had publicly specified on their website, and the controversy was caused by a Sanders staffer who didn’t bother to check the facts and do the math.

1 Like

(talking about #3 specifically) Enh, I can see where you’re coming from, but to me it reads more as a “the HVC is a DNC sanctioned thing, so if we let this get out of control we lose our favorite candidate and worse all the moneys.”

Which while distasteful is more of a sausage being made moment. There’s no (to me) obvious lying or conspiracy making, just a bunch of diehard DNC people who are doing their job.

The DNC is a political party, and the purpose of a political party is to ensure that the Right-Kind-of-People run for government and the “wrong” people are denied access. (Hopefully, I’m making it clear here that these labels are ginned up by the leaders of the party, not me or you or the other hoi polloi who aren’t involved in day-to-day politics)

2 Likes

Thats not the point. We all know the DNC was bias. What this shows is that it was not limited to internal actions of the DNC. The point is that the DNC was advising the Campaign on how to respond, and writing talking points for the Campaign to use. If this was not collusion, then it was email that should have been directed at both campaigns to clarify. Whether the Sanders campaign was correct or mistaken the DNC was collaborating with Clinton Campaign to counter the Sanders accusations. In case its not clear, this is the part of the story where they were breaking the rules.

2 Likes

Are these mythical politicians also running for president?

4 Likes

Have you heard the phrase, “Democratic operatives with bylines”?

Relevant here, I think.

Especially when a not-insubstantial portion of the presumptive nominee’s campaign message is simply “Whaddya gonna do? Vote for him?”

The souce is Michael Buratowski, SVP of cybersecurity services at Fidelis Cybersecurity, which is owned by General Dynamics, the fifth-largest US defense contractor.

Which means nothing, of course. Other than the noticing of a chip in play.

Along with every other arm of the information ministry: over the weekend John Dickerson asked President Obama “Is honesty overrated as a presidential quality?” on Face The Nation. Just to, you know, put that out there.

Your chocolate ration has been raised to 20 grams, from 30!

4 Likes

I understand your outlook completely. But the fact was the effort here was to counter challenges from Sanders campaign. IF the DNC is acting neutral, they point to resources, they explain, they clarify - to both campaigns. They don’t collaborate with one, don’t write talking points for one to use to refute the other. We know the DNC was bias. What this shows is that this flowed liberally to the Campaign and back.

There is no measuring here - this was big, this was small… This was against the rules, and both lied about it.

3 Likes

What the idiot Sanders staffer did affected the entire party, as it affected contributions to the entire down-ticket, which gives them the right to get involved. You call it collusion. I call it doing their job.

1 Like

If they were doing their job, they would have dealt with this in a neutral manner, with correspondence to both campaigns. But they did not do their job. They worked with the Clinton Campaign to help them draft their message. They did the Clinton Campaign’s job. I call it collusion, because its what it is.

4 Likes

You somehow know they didn’t also contact the Sanders campaign?

You do know these emails were selected with an agenda, right?

My Republican friends never argue like this.