Sounds like we are in for a floor fight

No, its worse than that. Its like he your neighbor that wants to use your lawnmower, and then cuts the lawn of everybody on your street with it, and then return it with the tank full, blade sharpened too. I told him, heck, just keep it.

5 Likes

Funny. Heā€™s running for the nomination as a Democrat. Are we going to have this petty not a real Democrat business? Because there are lot of voters who arenā€™t registered Democrats that are more than happy to take that attitude to the ballot box and vote third party. Donā€™t be so eager to kick people out of bed.

11 Likes

This is moot. There are emails showing direct collusion between DNC officials and Clinton Campaign officers. Its there. Why is not the Clinton campaign culpable? Schultz had to step down. Then de-facto Clinton ought to step down. Why does she get a pass?

2 Likes

His purposes, or the purposes of the American people?

Does the Democratic party exist for the benefit of America, or does America exist for the benefit of the Democratic party?

5 Likes

Reasons, I guess. I see a lot of ā€œnot that big a dealā€ brushing off. That doesnā€™t exactly inspire confidence in an accountable presidency.

ETA: The DNC has a bad case of Go Fever.

4 Likes

Sure. We all are just bucking to spend the next 4, or 8 years wondering if Hillary is lying this time? How about this time? How about now? How about this one? Dat one? Is this one true?

I donā€™t know. I get lesser of two evils, but is this really a workable way to operate?

Its Monday. DNC does not accept nomination until Friday. We have 4 days to come up with a better solution.

COME ON PEOPLE - WORK THE PROBLEM!

2 Likes

His purposes. Glad I could clear that up for you. Oh, and what happened to those back tax returns he said he was going to release?

But I like his purposes.

4 Likes

Yeah, keep telling me Bernieā€™s not a Democrat. If he isnā€™t, then neither am I. You want my vote in November? Then why donā€™t you give me reasons to vote for Hillary instead of insults to my preferred candidate? Sure, Iā€™m terrified of a Trump/Pence presidency. But Iā€™d appreciate it if the Dems would make it easier, not harder, to vote for their candidate.

Eta: Iā€™m agreeing with you, @ActionAbe, not arguing with you. :grin: I just wanted to quote what you said since it was good.

11 Likes

Not going to happen. Too many people shrugging it off and going, ā€œWhat problem? Move along, letā€™s do this!ā€

Iā€™ve worked very hard to meet people halfway or three-quarters of the way and see a path to getting a pro-Clinton consensus. But people donā€™t want to take ā€œYes, butā€¦ā€ for an answer. Iā€™m done. Itā€™s not my fault that weā€™re going to see a Trump presidency. Iā€™ll do my part, but it only gets harder and not easier to bring people to the damn table with this kind of cavalier corrupt bullshit. Itā€™s time for people to stop expecting the progressive wing of the party to do fucking miracle work. When asking people to be a little accountable is a bridge too far, I canā€™t help you. Not ā€œI donā€™t want to.ā€ I donā€™t have the ability.

7 Likes

Such is the sorry state of affairs. Its been so for a while, but I must say never so blatantly flaunted.

2 Likes
4 Likes

civil disobedience, they has it

I do when I draw the appropriate card in Monopoly, which was the reference. If you donā€™t like Monopoly, consider games won on bad referee calls in soccer (which is a big, lucrative, serious business). Even if video later verifies the problem, the game is not played over. Do-overs only exist on playgrounds.

I donā€™t blame Clinton for exploiting the system. As far as I can tell, her campaign committed no campaign law violations on this matter. (There might be such violations elsewhere.) I blame the DNC leaders for not doing their jobs, and the punishment should probably be more than just losing those jobs, but they (and not Clinton) are the ones who deserve the punishment. Calls for Clinton to step down over this are ridiculous.

Democratic presidential primary procedure has been an abused mess nearly every contested primary since 1968 (and the only reason it wasnā€™t before then was that parties chose their candidates through back-room deals). 2008 and 2012 were freak exceptions, so I can understand why someone whose main experience was those two elections might think this primary is unusual.

1 Like

Actually Iā€™ve been watching conventions since 1968. I watched in 64 as well but was not too interested at that point. But I under stand your point, youngā€™n.

2 Likes

Well, I do, so I guess thatā€™s where we part ways. Iā€™m not going to call for her to step down or tell anyone how to vote, but Iā€™m not going to pretend sheā€™s not a craven power monger.

5 Likes

Link please? I canā€™t find a single news report supporting this.

2 Likes

I was interested; I was on the streets canvassing and sign-waving for LBJ.

I think this is a description of most politicians. Somehow people hold this against Clinton more than they do against other politicians.

2 Likes

Is that what you call privilege?

Thereā€™s not going to be a floor fight. Iā€™m watching the Democratic Convention live, and Bernie just said the words, ā€œHillary Clinton must become the next president of the United States.ā€ I donā€™t know what Jane Sanders said, but she must have meant something else.

2 Likes