South Carolina police chief to Facebook critic: "We will work on finding you."

If only somebody had considered the possibility that the ability to project calm leadership in tense situations is a useful feature for a police chief to have. Crazy edge case, I know…

4 Likes

On the other hand, this

3 Likes

more like bacon, amirite?

1 Like

Damn, that is some incredibly useful context. Thanks for posting it (not sarcastic, in case that’s not clear).

"I am always open to hearing how our citizens feel like we can be effective in fighting crime"

“Our” citizens? eh?

1 Like

TIFTFY.

Now you’re not being fair to the donuts. (Doughnuts?)

Note to self: friend " The Columbia Police Department, SC" with 50 sockpuppet accounts, make sure that they never again have a timeline point which doesn’t feature me with a pile of weed and a 3 foot bong.

3 Likes

please this

They’ve locked up every single violent offender in the area?

Great.

But I think if it turns out that’s NOT true, then it’s reasonable to assume, by claiming to have done so, he’s an accomplice.

2 Likes

I go further. I’d argue this is justiciable, and that a 1st amendment lawsuit be filed. We can’t just let him get away with making threats like this.

1 Like

heh heh, annals, heheh heh…

1 Like

Be here all week, folks, ba dump dum dum…

Allrighty then, allow me the liberty of amending jim1234’s comment:

Time to find a new Police Department.

There is an unspoken understanding of Law Enforcement down here that, as the man said in “Cool Hand Luke”, – “What we have here is a failure to communicate!” As far as most law enforcement are concerned is that we’re all law breakers and we just have not been caught.

So these comments from Mr. Santiago is typical for many South Carolina law enforcement officers-- they engage mouth before they engage their brain.

Several years ago there was a Police Chief in Charleston, SC who [while a good police officer] had a temper and a rather narrow view of what he considered immoral behavior. He was well known for firing off salvos at “wrong doers” or “deviant lifestyles”.

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.