Southwest finally caves, allows Google Flights access to prices

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/23/southwest-finally-caves-allows-google-flights-access-to-prices.html

3 Likes

If you are a fan of Google Flights but want more granularity, try ITA Matrix. It’s a site Google bought and integrated a lot of it’s features into Flights, but there’s a fair amount you can only get at the original site. I’m assuming SW airfares will make it to that site as well.

3 Likes

Air Namibia (“SW”) was liquidated in 2021 so it won’t be showing up in ITA any time soon.

(This has been my most pedantic comment of the day. Southwest’s IATA code is WN and its ICAO code is SWA.)

5 Likes

I guess that answers why SW never showed up on the flight searches i had done in the past couple of years, but i never questioned it too much. That said i would still do price checks on their site and they were in fact more expensive, it’s disappointing because i really used to like the airline and they had reasonably priced flights.

These days the affordable ones have Frontier and Spirit and i just want express how much i hate both of them.

1 Like

I see and appreciate your high level of pedantry. Such a devotion to complete accuracy is refreshing.

To be completely clear, though, I never specified that I was using any specific code other than a simple abbreviation. :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.