Spaaaaace (Part 1)

2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

India’s Mars Orbiter Mission loses contact, burns all fuel, deemed ‘non-recoverable’

4 Likes

star wars GIF by The Ringer

4 Likes

Block this: Scientists show how satellite advertising could be economically viable

[…]

The tl;dr of the paper – “Satellite Formation Flying for Space Advertising: From Technically Feasible to Economically Viable” – is to send up a constellation of about 50 12U-cubesats and place them in a Sun-synchronous low-Earth orbit so that they are always in direct sunlight.

Each small satellite (about 20cm x 20cm x 34.05cm and weighing around 6-8kg) would then deploy solar reflectors, bouncing that sunlight down onto consumers. These satellites could be programmed to assume certain formations – like, perish the thought, “I’m lovin’ it” – that change depending on the city below and the advertiser willing to shell out for that prime real estate we know as the sky.

[…]

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

8 Likes

As seen on Futurama

6 Likes

On the way!

1 Like

I’m reconsidering my position on the death penalty.

3 Likes
4 Likes

NASA’s Juno probe had a close encounter with the Jovian moon Europa on September 29 and this week the space agency released the highest resolution photograph ever taken of its icy crust.

[…]

5 Likes

Futurama 68 - (5-12) - Spanish Fry 00_04_01-00_04_09 320i

6 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes