Spaaaaace (Part 1)

Northrop Grumman’s space zombie slayer grants Intelsat 901 five more years in orbit

[…] the lead author of the study, Dr Simona Giacintucci from the Naval Research Laboratory in the United States, compared the blast to the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, which tore the top off the mountain.
“The difference is that you can fit 15 Milky Way galaxies in a row into the crater this eruption punched into the cluster’s hot gas,” she said.

5 Likes

That would be a fairly sizable hole, I suppose.

5 Likes

Even bigger than
“Yo mama’s so fat she could fuse hydrogen!”

6 Likes

Starship bloopers: Watch Elon Musk’s Mars ferry prototype explode on the pad during liquid nitrogen test

1 Like

How’s this for a remote support fix? Solar storm early-warning satellite repaired with million-mile software update

Boeing didn’t run end-to-end test on Calamity Capsule, DSCOVR up and running, and NASA buys a Falcon Heavy

It is 50 years since Blighty began a homegrown and all-too-brief foray into space

2 Likes

No joy for all you Rover McRoverface fans: NASA’s next Mars bot is christened Perseverance

6 Likes

In a twist, it fails 12 minutes after landing.

(I mean I hope not, but seems like testing fate)

2 Likes

Axiom signs up with SpaceX to fly private astronauts to the International Space Station

But they’re working on the Yamato, right?

9 Likes

If they are not working on this, it will be a waste of time, resources and money. It is no use saying that we are going to have giant robots. There is no way to compare a mecha with a space battleship.

7 Likes

Something along the lines of…

claptrap

But yeah, I’d hope not.

4 Likes

“Eat your space salad son. There are Elon-thralls going hungry on Mars.”

5 Likes

It’s as nutritious as Earth-grown lettuce? So, barely?

3 Likes

Boots on Moon? Well, the boot part is right: Audit of NASA’s Space Launch System reveals more delays, cost overruns

Astroboffin Kurtz ends 40-year quest to find a predicted one-sided vibrating star that was never seen – until now

1 Like

Good luck pitching a tent on exoplanet WASP-76b, the bloody raindrops here are made out of molten iron

2 Likes