Spaaaaace (Part 1)

Damn you, coronavirus. Damn you. Now you’ve gone too far: James Webb Space Telescope, Moon mission work paused

7OAmjIl

3 Likes

First crew launch in US since 2011 could happen by May, 34 more OneWeb sats, and astros share their top isolation tips

SpaceX and NASA named the date for Commercial Crew – kind of. “Mid to late May” could be when the US will finally see its astronauts launched from American soil once again, following the end of the Space Shuttle programme in 2011. It is quite the gap.
Grosse Pointe Blank__09 Years

Our favourites included NASA 'naut Annie McClain, who shared an epic Twitter thread (helpfully available on the NASA site) with survival tips, but top marks must go to ESA’s astro-in-training, Matthias Maurer, who simply said: “I plan my Corona time like a space flight. 3 weeks to the moon and back: max 2 rolls of toilet paper.”

Finally, Brit would-be orbital rocket botherer Skyrora is getting in on the hand sanitiser action. A first batch of the gear is undergoing testing before production ramps up.

Corona coronavirus hiatus: Euro space agency to put Sun, Mars probes in safe mode while boffins swerve pandemic

2 Likes

No sound on this video so you can do your own commentary I guess.

6 Likes

Uranus wobbles and loses gas!

6 Likes

16 years and counting: How ESA squeezed oodles of bonus science out of plucky Mars Express probe

Impressive!

4 Likes

This is both really cool and deeply worrying… fits the timeline though, doesn’t it.

5 Likes

Or this is El Reg’s joke for April Fool’s day.
I hate this timeline. Nothing seems too absurd anymore.

5 Likes

Soichi to join three-spaceship club, SpaceX is going to the Moon (no, really), and rocket boffins step up COVID-19 fight

Sun storm probe OK’d: ‘Our motivation is a fascinating signal that we have detected for decades but never been able to make an image of’

2 Likes

If you thought black holes only came in S or XXXL, guess again, maybe: Elusive mid-mass void spotted eating star

Artist’s impression of size ratios:

Frost_Report__john_cleese_ronnie_barker_and_ronnie_corbett_class_sketch1

2 Likes

Do you want to be an astronaut when you grow up? Yeah, you and 12,000 others: NASA flooded with folks hoping to visit Moon, Mars

1 Like
3 Likes

A couple of days ago, Venus and a fingernail Moon:

ETA: there is a better photo in the If you see something, post slmething thread.
I gotta do some sorting this weekend; right now too much is scattered across phone, tablet and four cameras.

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

NASA’s classic worm logo returns for first all-American trip to ISS in years: Are you a meatball or a squiggly fan?

5 Likes

ESA missions back doing science after precautionary pandemic plug pull: We talk to space boffins about Mars Express emergency command line

1 Like

I’m a worm fan.

1 Like