Spaaaaace (Part 1)

2 Likes

Oh, how could I have forgotten Satellite of Love! One of my faves by Lou.

Of The Day GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.dw.com/en/retired-nasa-engineers-help-fix-hubble-space-telescope/a-59219471

1 Like

a “love story between a satellite and a buoy”.

Wait What Reaction GIF

Is she trying to compete with Robert Pattinson for weirdest project now?

6 Likes

The love that dare not transmit its name.

9 Likes

The Walking Dead Giggles GIF by The Paley Center for Media

3 Likes

I loved Claire Denis’s High Life with him and Juliette Binoche on a spaceship. I mean it starts with him bringing up a toddler on his own in space so that’s a bit frustrating and uneventful in the way that kind of thing would be.

I’m hugely overselling it but if you like Under the Skin and Solaris you might like this.

3 Likes

I just watched it last night… I liked it, but also… a bit flummoxing? Like, what’s with that box… and what’s with Juliette Binoche’s hair basically being it’s own character? And WTF the dogs on that second ship

2 Likes

Fucked if I know!

She likes setting up problems, questions and weirdnesses. Resolutions much less so. I get why she annoys people but I suppose it’s like watching a David Lynch film, I don’t need to understand, delimit, and box off anything.

Pattinson, Stewart, and Binoche are all awesome anyway.

Plus I loved Robert Pattinson “singing” the theme song by Tindersticks. You could argue it was too literal but I think they got it.

I fucking HATE YouTube above and beyond any app/service but it’s what’s used here so…

3 Likes

yeah, as unclear as the film was, it did not diminish the enjoyment for me. The comparison to Lynch is right on, I think.

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Just read an ARS Technica article about the Inspiration 4 flight and thought this detail towards the end merits more explanation:

So the space toilet probably sprayed human waste on everyone and the tourists got bored without access to WiFi.

4 Likes

US Federal Aviation Administration issues draft assessment of SpaceX Super Heavy impact

2 Likes

Are we still adding music to the space playlist?

3 Likes