Spaaaaace

Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

Yay!!! It’s down!

7 Likes

“We could wait for thousands of years, but we want to be quick… and we have a big laser”

3 Likes

"Our planned network aims to connect devices around the world and support a universal good. Cellular broadband for more people globally would help ease poverty, support economic development, build a more equitable and diverse digital society, and save lives.

How very generous of them. It reminds me of the the utopian rationales for bitcoin.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Best viewed in the Northern Hemisphere.

Napoleon Dynamite GIF by Ben L

https://assa.saao.ac.za/sections/shallow-sky/decembers-meteor-showers/

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes
7 Likes

Well, that’s marginally better than a partnership with Saudi Arabia or Qatar, I suppose. But it’s definitely not ideal that we’re partnering with a country that still occasionally sentences people to death by stoning for adultery.

(Yeah, yeah. The US is also pretty backwards when it comes to human rights and Russia wasn’t a great partner either. But still…)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the debris cloud is ironically interfering with the environmental monitoring mission.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

I know that NASA probably has a bunch of high-tech fixes being evaluated but supposedly putting in about a teaspoon of pepper is a great temporary fix for this kind of situation in a leaky coolant system, so maybe that’s the budget solution that the Russians go for.

3 Likes