Spaaaaace

Future generations will visit Webb and find a sticky note affixed saying “I stopped by but you weren’t at your desk - IT”

8 Likes

The problem with that process is that sometimes it doesn’t turn back on by itself and you need to manually intervene.

JWT is a little far away to wander over and give it a kick if it doesn’t wake up.

4 Likes

1b49c574-88e9-45e8-8125-d7c325794775_text

6 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

She made this fine picture with a camera and the aid of a software called sequator.

6 Likes

The article currently uses “size” in the headline when they meant “mass,” but this is still an interesting find with HST this past October. Onebox say Livescience, but it’s Space dot com.

7 Likes
6 Likes

At least we can be pretty sure it isn’t cat hair on the lens!

1 Like
6 Likes
5 Likes

Vast Acquires Rocket Engine Firm to Speed Development of Space Station With Artificial Gravity

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’m disappointed or glad that this isn’t about Jon Crosby.

All I know is that I’m Here
Drifting somewhere in the vast
Somewhere in eternity
And I never want to leave

In response to our query for more information, Max Hoat, now-president of Vast and founder of Launcher, offered this response through a company spokesperson: “It will take many steps to achieve our vision of the gravity space station. We are not yet revealing the first step/milestone in terms of name, form, factor, functionality or timeline, but we will soon reveal in upcoming releases.”

Did anyone else read that name as Mat Hoax, first?

2 Likes
2 Likes
8 Likes

Chinese defence boffins ponder microwaving Starlink satellites to stop surveillance

Chinese defence boffins have suggested aggressive countermeasures against SpaceX’s Starlink satellite internet service.

A paper in the February edition of Chinese journal Command and Control Simulation, titled “The impact of the ‘Starlink’ constellation on space situational awareness and countermeasures”, was penned by researchers from the People’s Liberation Army Space Engineering University in Beijing.

[…]

2 Likes

Nachos

10 Likes

ETA

8 Likes

ETA:

4 Likes