Spaaaaace

5 Likes

New Post-DART Collision Period for the Didymos System: Evidence for Anomalous Orbital Decay

5 Likes

Great. They woke it up.

6 Likes

https://www.isro.gov.in/Aditya_L1.html

3 Likes

This is pretty neat:

These experiments are testing silicon carbide electronics that can survive long periods on the Venusian surface.

6 Likes

BBC News - Tantalising sign of possible life on faraway world

5 Likes

Well, I will grant that dimethyl sulfide is a bit more tantalizing than phosphine was. Still, I have to wonder what it is about these kinds of simple volatiles that makes anyone treat them as if they should be signs of life, when people talking about its origins talk about entire nucleotides forming abiotically. :confused:

5 Likes
1 Like

Maybe they’re looking for someone they consider more expendable than a prison inmate? :man_shrugging:

1 Like
6 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Awards time!

There are more pictures than just that big green blur.

4 Likes
  1. Why?
  2. WTF?
1 Like

The billionaire boys club are at the mid life crisis stage of buying sports cars. But unlike many of their less well funded contemporaries; their aesthetic of what’s cool hasn’t evolved beyond a 13 year old’s.

8 Likes

One billionaire bought a whole car company then launched a sports car into space, thus proving he’s a wanker.

I have no idea what the message is from launching ancient remains into space.
“Do you love me now, Dad?” possibly.

10 Likes

The one thing I have come up so far is that this basically sort of recreates the jump cut from 2001 from the bone flying up in the air to spacecraft in low Earth orbit. No idea if I’m even close. And in in any case, again, whyyyyy?

4 Likes

Im With You Me Too GIF

6 Likes

When I retire we could form a stand-up duo and work the nursing resorts circuit.

4 Likes