Spaaaaace

season 7 episode 21 GIF

9 Likes

Aurora visible in Virginia. Space weather is wild tonight!

(And yes, that is my bald head on the one pic.)

16 Likes

This is nuts!

12 Likes

Got a nice view of the aurora in the capitol area of Michigan.

11 Likes

46° 50′ N, 12° 46′ O

9 Likes

East Scotland

15 Likes

Now that’s some Local Hero LARPing!

7 Likes

North Alabama!!!

13 Likes

9 Likes

New Glarus, Wisconsin

13 Likes

I’d never seen it before last night. Whenever there is some sky event the rain comes in reliably. But not last night.

It was plainly visible as bands but the wild colours were only visible in photographs rather than to the naked eye.

12 Likes

:astonished:

9 Likes

Same. For the most part the event was bright sheer curtains. The pinks were sometimes very visible but i usually had to use offset vision to see it. The pulsing/throbbing of the lights was amazing and I wish I could have recorded that.

9 Likes

A friend sent me this - Ok, so our sky just exploded … (G5 solar storm timelapse) - GIF - Imgur:

I live south of Vienna, Austria, 47.5° latitute and i would have never dreamed of seeing northern lights in these colors and intensity at home. It was insane. I took my trusty old Canon 6D and a Sigma 20mm lens to capture some timelapse.

www.jfs.photography

NOAA reports a G5 solar storm which is the highest level.

11 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Sure, 'cuz you gotta put on a good show before the rubber stamp.

3 Likes

[In pictures | First ‘extreme’ solar storm in 20 years fills skies with spectacular northern lights (lemonde.fr)]

[Aurora borealis treats sky gazers to a show across the Northern Hemisphere – The Irish Times]

[Watch: Northern Lights captured glowing over Europe (bbc.com)]

7 Likes

you’re in the southern hemisphere, right? are you getting the … southern lights right now?

3 Likes