Spanish bishop resigned over his love for a writer of satan-themed erotic fiction

Originally published at: Spanish bishop resigned over his love for a writer of satan-themed erotic fiction | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The wording is a bit ambiguous …

I suppose it does not mean “his love for a writer” in the sense that he really likes her writing (which happens to be “satan-themed erotic fiction”, hence not really appropriate for a bishop to love) … right?

Rather, it means he is “in love” with the writer (which also happens to write “satan-themed erotic fiction”, which – at this point – makes the whole thing just a little more inappropriate for a bishop).

(Not saying these are my opinions about appropriateness for bishops. Just trying to get what’s going on here :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

It seems like what she writes is not even the central issue, it’s the relationship period. Vow of celibacy and all that.

His girlfriend’s body of work just makes it news worthy because of the lulz.

8 Likes

backing of bullshit “conversion therapy” to “change” a person’s sexual orientation

good riddance

11 Likes

Well yeah, especially because he was a renowned exorcist. It’s a little too on the nose.

6 Likes

Well, it may also mean that, and still be entirely consistent with his regressive, sadistic, exorcism-loving views. Sounds like her books simply fetishize elements of his world-view.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Seems ligit.

1 Like

Rain check please!

6 Likes

If this is not definitive proof that we are living in someone’s simulation, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

I see everybody took the opportunity to bash the bishop.

Shame on you all!

6 Likes

5 Likes

crazy eyes GIF

10 Likes

Please note his gay-hate was OK but once he showed love for a fellow human being it was over…

Weird lot.

9 Likes

6 Likes
5 Likes

Curious if he tried conversion therapy to make himself celibate again.

3 Likes

He should pray the straight away

6 Likes

daleks

But honestly, sounds like he’s on a better path now than he was.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I hope he becomes a better person than he was

4 Likes