The Bad Sex in Fiction Awards have been (kind-of) saved, courtesy of Electric Lit and a Bot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/25/the-bad-sex-in-fiction-awards-have-been-kind-of-saved-courtesy-of-electric-lit-and-a-bot.html

3 Likes

@thomdunn I’m curious, is there any special reason for illustrating your post with a photo of the Holy Bible? (I can’t say that I know enough about that book to know if there’s bad sex in it, but I have heard there’s a lot of “begetting” in it…)

1 Like

The night was ■■■■■

15 Likes

Heaving alabaster bossums. Humide.

4 Likes

Hahhahahahah i have an Alfred shortcut to help me find public domain images for articles like this, so I didn’t even notice that.

2 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

4 Likes

This SNL skit script totally deserves the award:

1 Like

The scene with Onan and his sister-in-law was kind of anticlimactic. At least for her.

2 Likes

Looking more closely at the photo and doing a bit of internet search…it looks like the book is open to 2 Samuel, Chapter 11

…in which David gazes upon Bathsheba bathing on a rooftop, and lusts after her…then adultery, murder, and a coverup…yikes!

8 Likes

Any potential band-name gems hidden amingst that lot?

My love for you is so high only my dog can hear it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.