Spanish-language broadcasting titan Univision buys controlling interest in The Onion

[Read the post]

1 Like

Huh. The Chinese are in for a shock.

5 Likes

He forgot ‘cope’. As Jon Stewart demonstrated, night after night, only comedy can help us go through our daily lives while being able to consciously acknowledge things like ‘Donald Trump is now a serious contender for the highest office in the United States’.

7 Likes

Well Univision wanted the most accurate reporting around to cover Trump’s campaign so it was a smart investment on their part

14 Likes

No more is fish time success time; a loss for us all.

1 Like

[quote]Including Onion Inc. as part of our portfolio is a great fit for and a significant step forward in our digital strategy as we continue to expand the ways we entertain and inform millennial and multicultural audiences.
[/quote]Are they planning to synergize the paradigms?

7 Likes

Hmm, I have a feeling that this will turn out better than the Rupert Modok / National Geographic purchase.

2 Likes

La Cebolla…hmmmm, it has a nice ring to it.

4 Likes

Does that happen before or after they reverse the polarity?
#WrongGenreSavvy

The Onion does a great job of spoofing GOP racism against Spanish-speaking families.

http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/1032/0/1x1/240.jpg “As long as I can keep reading it in English.”

Jeff Earlheimer
Habberdasher

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.