Sperm counts worldwide are plummeting faster than ever

It’s 42.

7 Likes

Not by my count.

Vegeta Over 9000 GIFs | Tenor

4 Likes

Me too: I was in elementary school, and I’m a Boomer. That’s a lot of decades of willful disbelief.

7 Likes

I dropped mine to 0 using this one weird trick (a vasectomy). Bit of a ball ache but way less so than a 3rd kid would be!

4 Likes

The idea that a whole society of scientists are out there practicing faulty science in order to secure grant funding…that accusation says WAY more about the accuser than about the accused.
“The problem with liars is they think everyone else is lying, too.”

9 Likes

How many sperm do we really need anyway. I have only used 2 for their intended purpose.

2 Likes

Funny!

But don’t forget all the others who laid down their ‘lives’ to alter the chemical environment around the egg so that finally one of them could get through. Where’s the Memorial Day for those soldiers, huh?

10 Likes

Yah this whole conservative line of argument about scientists being money grubbing scammers is a nice piece of projection. They can’t imagine any other motivation for people to do things with their lives.

It also speaks to them having no contact with actual scientists or grad students in their lives. Otherwise they would understand what a hand-to-mouth bureaucratic nightmare trying to get grants to keep doing work really is.

6 Likes

‘I never thought mass extinction would eat MY face,’ sobs chemical company exec who voted for the Mass Extinction Eating People’s Faces Party."

6 Likes

Wait to you see what they say about those of us studying non-scientific fields!

It certainly tells us more about them than about they people they’re talking about…

Maybe… or they just don’t believe the ones they do know…

Again, see the humanities.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.