Sperm donor with 550 children sued for increasing risk of accidental incest

Originally published at: Sperm donor with 550 children sued for increasing risk of accidental incest | Boing Boing

3 Likes

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt
His name is my name too
When ever we go out
The people always shout
There goes
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt

6 Likes

Way to kill the bedroom mood:

“Oh, baby, who’s your daddy? Say it, baby, I wanna hear you say it: who’s your daddy?”

“Well, statistically speaking there’s quite a good chance that it’s Jonathan Jacob Meijer.”

16 Likes

The selfish gene theory in practice. (“Now here’s a good host!” --Major D’Allele)

7 Likes

Sounds like this guys is trying to get into the big leagues of gene spreading, and that he really loves his work.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2015.16767

5 Likes

Mr Meijer, 41, a musician narcissistic arsehole from The Hague, is on a Dutch donation blacklist but has continued to donate abroad

Fixed.

17 Likes

Clearly this guy wanted to break Starbuck’s record of 533 children.

2 Likes

It’s vasectomy time!

9 Likes

Are we sure Jacob Meijer isn’t an alias Elon uses?

5 Likes

how is this the fault of the donor and not the clinic? The clinic is the
ultimate gatekeeper here, lolz.

4 Likes

Because he donated through many clinics across multiple countries, using aliases and lying about how many children he had already fathered.

18 Likes

Well, per the article perhaps every clinic in the country did limit the number of donations but he found ways around that. And I doubt that clinics in different countries normally work together to catch folks doing this. They might even be prohibited from doing so for privacy reasons.

As for the folks who opted for his “home insemination” services, you get what you pay for, I guess…

11 Likes
3 Likes

The clinic relies on people to answer questions like “how many kids do you have” and “how many times have you donated” honestly though. You could ding them if the same person donates too many times to the same clinic, but it is hard to hold them accountable for verifying that someone didn’t donate “too many times” at other clinics especially in other countries.

Or in other words the fraud of the donor make it the donor’s fault. If a clinic declined to ask the right questions that would be on them, but not being able to tell the difference between a lie and the truth is generally not something we ask the clinic to do.

4 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to kink shame, but this guy makes me go “ewwwwwwww.”

4 Likes

He seems like a bit of a wanker.

14 Likes

Yeah I had the same thought as the person you replied to until I read that this dude’s been running around lying and trying to get around policies; screw this guy, court seems appropriate.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.