Billionaire CEO of multiple companies suffering multiple discrimination claims fathers twins with an employee

Originally published at: Billionaire CEO of multiple companies suffering multiple discrimination claims fathers twins with an employee | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Declining birth rates! Ha! Go to your local Wal-Mart and you’ll see that there are plenty of screamin’ babies.

6 Likes

Shivon Zilis, director of operations and special projects

Is that what they’re calling it now?

7 Likes

10 Likes

Factories. Factories are the future said daddy Musk.

5 Likes

Anecdata.

Total fertility rate in the US is 1.7, that’s lower than the 2.1 needed to “replace” the current population.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/total-fertility-rate

Personally, I think Musk and his billionaire friends would do us all better by improving the world we live in, including access to health care, education and infrastructure, than they do by touting these population collapse concerns.

Plus, the global average is still above 2.1, so globally we’ll be fine if only we can learn to share.

13 Likes

It’s my feeling that the lowered birth rate is directly tied to how poorly the country overall is doing economically and socially. No rational couple wants to bring a child into this mess. Or increase their own economic burdens for that matter.
Fix the underlying issues and we’ll see birth rates come back up.

7 Likes

Superficial first world problem = solved.

6 Likes

But, look at the demographics!

Much pearl clutching among white upper income folks!

13 Likes

Correct, though the U.S. is still doing fine population-wise because of immigration.

The real reason people like Musk are panicking isn’t because the world isn’t producing enough babies, it’s because the “wrong” people are producing babies. Is our nation’s future going to depend on immigrants and people who are so poor that they can’t even afford to put their kids in child care while they’re out shopping? The horror!

11 Likes

I think that plays a role, but it’s also so much more complicated. For example, Europe, which overall has really great social programs, has a lower birth rate than the US. :woman_shrugging:t2:
I’m not an expert, and I don’t even feel strongly that we need more people, but I do feel strongly that the people we do have should be afforded basic human rights.

11 Likes

IKR?!? I couldn’t copy and paste those charts, but sorting by highest to lowest and lowest to highest put a really “black and white” patina on the discussion.
Musk isn’t worried about “enough” people, he’s worried about enough of the “white kind of people,” oops, I mean “right kind…” (Narrator: she didn’t.)

9 Likes

Humanity might be doomed as extras in a GoT Aegon the Unworthy’esque battle of “The Great Bastards”, if Musk’s illegitimate children vie to ascend the Space King throne.

1 Like

It’s as if wealthy White folks are just now realizing that their actual genes are NOT dominant…

10 Likes

At the risk of repeating myself.

I guess Tesla makes his condoms.

11 Likes

Thus the “Great Replacement Theory” all those bigots keep going on about.

3 Likes

But if they don’t see color - how would they even know?

5 Likes

It is a complicated issue but the general trend worldwide has long been that poorer countries have higher birth rates than rich ones, and it’s certainly the case in the data that @docosc linked to:

So maybe Musk’s grand plan is to increase the American birth rate by doing everything in his power to make all of us poorer?

3 Likes

That would serve so many of his goals, I wouldn’t put it past him.

2 Likes

That we know about

5 Likes