Spirit Airlines passenger waits hours for suitcase — until Apple Watch tells her it's at airport worker's home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/05/spirit-airlines-passenger-waits-hours-for-suitcase-until-apple-watch-tells-her-its-at-airport-workers-home.html

8 Likes

Why does a retail worker have access to checked luggage?

33 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering. If this was a baggage handler, it would at least make sense.

9 Likes

I was wondering that too.

Maybe they just stood at the very start of the carousel and were able to whisk them away without anyone noticing, though how retail staff would come to be there…

Perhaps they had accomplices in baggage handling?

18 Likes

He hasn’t grassed on the baggage handler(s) who are the other side of the operation yet…

7 Likes

“How about having the courtesy to guard passengers’ bags until they are reunited with their owners?”

That is a $25 per bag upgrade with Spirit.

12 Likes

Not exactly a master criminal here.

9 Likes

Yeah i’m surprised there’s no upcharge for actually getting the bag in your hands

5 Likes

I’m planning to never fly to Fort Lauderdale again. It doesn’t matter which airline.

3 Likes

Wondering if this might be part of a (drug) smuggling ring?* ‘Look for a XYZ colored bag coming off flight 123 and we will get it to our stash house’ sort of operation?

*or part of a money laundering operation? Who knows what sort of op it could be. One hopes local police have called in some feds to investigate.

Edited to add: Maybe just a kinky guy who collects women’s lacy underthings. Has an apartment complex groundskeeper with keys who did that. Busted him by sprinkling LOTS of baking soda just inside my door on my way out to work after missing some articles of clothing. Boyfriend told the guy he got me a gun and was taking me to the range. Disappearing dainties stopped.

5 Likes

Some dudes like pink.
Amazingly, men are allowed to like any of the colours!

The More You Know Kitty GIF

4 Likes

The departure/arrivals concourses are essentially malls, and wouldn’t surprise me if ending their shift, they’re allowed to simply leave through the baggage area.
A lot of times there are bags sitting there who’s owners haven’t/couldn’t claim them immediately

Easy to grab one and take it home, every once in awhile for some plunder.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.