Woman mysteriously disappears on live TV

[Read the post]

2 Likes

For the BBS viewers:

View post on imgur.com

Watch to the left on this Sportcenter interview in an airport. One of the women by the carousel walks in front of another, and the the woman behind just disappears. Did she duck and shuffle off at the exact time to remain hidden by the other traveler, or was she kidnapped by luggage fairies?

4 Likes

Wow. I had to watch that more than a few times to see what happened. Gorgeous circumstantial timing.

14 Likes

Aliens. It’s the only explanation.

26 Likes

I know, right? What are the odds of her disappearing into thin air just as that woman was passing in front of her!

46 Likes

“Did she duck and shuffle?”

Good question!

4 Likes

Janet Bourne.

18 Likes

It looks like she just blended into the bench behind her.

23 Likes

Two days later she was found, ragged and unclaimed, on the luggage belt in Bangkok.

Such are the ways of airline baggage handling.

44 Likes

This is why you should never fly Mary Celeste Air.

24 Likes

I think this is a case of a jump, jive - though no apparent wailing.

5 Likes

Invisible is the new photobomb.

13 Likes

Think I’ll just… let the mystery be.

13 Likes

Nonsense, Rob is right, it was the luggage fairies. And those fuckers are malevolent. Pray for her.

17 Likes

Dinner plans, they were so nice
A fresh salmon, packed in ice
From Stockholm to Prague will last, the owner thinks
Something must have gone quite wrong
'Cause it was routed through Hong Kong
This luggage was lost and found and now it stinks!

(real story.)

11 Likes

A nice coincidence of timing, but there’s no deep mystery here. The body language of the woman who ‘vanished’ makes it pretty clear what’s happening.

4 Likes

Lowering the Bar: Invisible Man Fails to Appear
In February 2012, a 28-year-old Georgia man called 911 to report that he was invisible. Paramedics and a deputy with the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office responded to the call. It turned out that drugs were involved. In the man’s defence the report does say that he had a record of prior arrests for, among other things, “failure to appear.”

16 Likes

Ever the optimist, Mr. Shaddack.

3 Likes

Watch the reflection of her legs on the shiny tile floor - they start to move along with the woman in the foreground when she passes in front. I think you can also see her shoe as she starts to move in the same direction.

Nice illusion, it would be wondrous if people succeeded in this more often on purpose.

6 Likes

19 Likes