Splatter screens are welcome addition to frying pans

Just what exactly are you doing to your pet with a splatter screen? Or, maybe I don’t want to know.
Or…I guess I could ask what you’re doing to your splatter screen with your pet?
What kind of pet, anyway?

2 Likes

If you have a tabby like mine, the hair is always there. Always there, in the air, everywhere!

4 Likes

Baking soda works even better. But it can discolor aluminum.

Pet hair gets around. Unless you put that splatter screen away somewhere somewhat sealed up, fur will get to it.

Every time my brother’s swiss mountain dog visits we end up picking hair out of the fridge and rooms he’s not allowed it. I found a clump inside my PC last time I cleaned it and it’s never been in the same room as him. AND I use dust filters.

2 Likes

I had a metal coffee filter with the same issue. I eventually read about using a small butane torch to burn off the residue.

It worked OK.

1 Like

It’s all coking and defouling in here and I came for the splatter jokes. May your (Taiwanese?) dumplings unfold neatly from the ginger guard leaves then.

1 Like

If you’re not familiar with the joys of dog ownership, you may not be aware of the ambient dog hair problem. It doesn’t just stay on the dog and the things the dog touches; that would be too easy. If you hang your pots or keep them on an open rack the dog hair floats onto them, and a smaller amount even teleports into cupboards. I imagine cat hair is the same.

4 Likes

That sounds even scarier than oven cleaner!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.