Spoiled Red Bull heir kills policeman, Interpol asking world for help in catching him

Someone just needs to trick him into pooping on a picture of the king, on camera. that will get quick justice.

2 Likes

Or just shot on sight. This is Bangkok, after all.

1 Like

It sounds like he still lives in Thailand. I don’t see why they should need interpol to help catch him.

According to my extensive knowledge of Thailand gleaned from Thai movies, a lone hero would actually be tasked with fighting through a small army of goons before, battered and bruised, reaching the penthouse suite of a huge, opulent skyscraper and engage in death defying hand-to-hand combat on the roof during a rainstorm while a bunch of harem girls scream and flee in terror.

Finally, wresting victory from the jaws of defeat, the hero does a quick dodge, causing the Red Bull heir to fall from the side of the building, as he overextends his body weight into the strike of his machete blow, catching the edge with one hand. The hero, realizing that this man must face justice, attempts to pull him to safety, but the combination of rainwater, blood, mud, aching, bruised muscles and broken ribs cause him to lose his grip and fall to his death on the unseen pavement below.

Also there’s ladyboys or something in there somewhere.

4 Likes

“The wealthy heir, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, from Thailand, was zipping around in his Ferrari when he hit a policeman on a motorcycle, dragging the officer and the bike behind the fancy car for at least nine feet before stopping”

This is a really weird phrasing because that’s not a very long distance. That basically means he stopped within a single carlength. You might as well have said “for at least six inches.”

On an unrelated note, what percentage of billionaires actually own private islands?

So what purpose is an Interpol red notice supposed to serve after almost a decade of the local authorities wringing their hands and saying “Gosh, we’d love to do something; but that pesky rascal keeps skipping court dates!”

If your problem is that the perp is a slippery one and could be in any one of quite a few countries; and you’d like him returned intact enough for a helping of justice, sure, you issue a red notice. In this case, though, it seems more likely that the red notice will amount to little more than “if he does something dumb enough to involve law enforcement in your country; please provide him with a trip home so we can continue to ignore the problem.”

Totally the wrong instrument for domestic impunity(not that you could get the Hague to bite for one count of vehicular homicide).

Just came here to add that, while the family holds about half of the company, their half is AFAIR/K basically a different company. Even their product is different from the drink I love to hate in all western countries.

Oh, and regarding the question “why now” - the late king will be cremated in September. I would venture some things in Thailand will start moving pretty soon, and the shifts will be not readily understandable from the outside. Maybe also not from the inside. And directions may differ.

Be on the lookout…

The entry for Chaleo Yoovidhya says “The Yoovidhya family co-owns the sole authorized importer of Ferrari cars into Thailand.”

So the Ferrari that Vorayuth Yoovidhya was driving might have been taken from company stock rather than his own property.

1 Like

If any branch of the aristocracy is guaranteed to produce dangerously spoiled brats, it would be this one.

1 Like

when he was 27-years-old…

No. I really don’t understand why this has suddenly become a thing. The dashes are for when the age is a noun.

He was a 27-year-old at the time, but he was 27 years old.

1 Like

I hate everything. Can I keep mine?

1 Like

for now, but we’ll watch you closely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.