Man wants to pick up his family from the zoo and will drive over anyone who tries to stop him

Originally published at: Man wants to pick up his family from the zoo and will drive over anyone who tries to stop him | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m laughing at that. But damn.

Also, that cops looks funny walking and swinging his arms with the camera on his chest.

23 Likes

It’s amazing that the “cop cam” didn’t magically turn its self off, maybe because he was White and Male, and not a BIPOC person. Just maybe…

[note sadly the sarcasm]

32 Likes

behaving like an animal

Yes. Yes, I think they are.

20 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.53.53 AM
I was, and look at me now.

23 Likes

Daddy’s picking us up from the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrrow,
and said he’ll drive over anybody in the way…

17 Likes

From reading the linked thread, he’s been charged with DUI (amongst many other things), which sheds some light on the lack of clear reasoning which led to the attempt to kill people with a car.

Also, the Police really can’t help themselves, can they. Two officers on the scene, and the suspect is not posing a threat, but they still feel the need to go straight for the tazer and yelling contradictory instructions.

31 Likes

they still feel the need to go straight for the tazer and yelling contradictory instructions.

Contradictory instructions provide a good opportunity to arrest someone for not following instructions.

22 Likes

Is there any information on what the police were doing? It looks like they were stopping all cars, but for what purpose? And the offending driver is told he’s liable to kill someone on his first (to us) appearance. Obviously he needs to be stopped and apprehended now, but I’d be very interested in the circumstances.

10 Likes

I can sympathize with the guy. The certain consequences of keeping my wife waiting might outweigh the uncertainty of a police tase.

7 Likes

Can you imagine the wife and kids waiting to be picked up? I wonder how long it was before they found out he was arrested instead.

3 Likes

I wonder if they were shocked. I mean, he literally was, but…

10 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what happened here - the cop at the beginning of the video claims the driver was risking lives, so presumably something happened before the video started, and then the guy, what, does a U-turn so he can get in trouble with the cops again rather than escape - and finally, for some reason, decides to go on foot? A lot’s being left out of this video.

The news story about the event doesn’t seem to explain why the cops were pissed at him to begin with - it only describes what we see in the video, him blowing through the police blockade. Which doesn’t explain what the initiating event was, unless he had done multiple U-turns at that location while the cops tried to stop him, and the video only covers the second time he does it?

I especially liked how they tased him then told him to get on the ground.

15 Likes

It seems cliché to say this, but if he were black, he’d be dead now.

14 Likes

i believe the tasering took care of the getting on the ground part. he looked like he was doing the nestea plunge.

6 Likes

S.O.P. for ACAB’s, nice to see they are expanding their repartee modus to White folk.

11 Likes

“Oh, Daddy. :disappointed: Not again.”

9 Likes

I assume the ‘on foot’ part was when they caught up with him at the zoo car park (??)

3 Likes

“What is wrong with you?” Pretty much sums it up

3 Likes

If you drive too near a cop during a stop, they like to consider that “attempted murder,” so that escalates the aggressiveness of the treatment. (But cops frequently shoot drivers of color for doing this, so he still had the white privilege going on.)

Well, he did a U-turn, so presumably he was driving away from where he wanted to go at the beginning? (Unless that was his second U-turn?) It’s so confusing.

Given that he U-turned through the police block at least once, unnecessarily getting himself into more trouble, I suspect he wasn’t acting at all rationally, so I could see him just ditching the car at some point because he thought he could more easily evade police that way. Or maybe just because he felt like going for a walk.

6 Likes