Stand By for Failure, the full documentary on Negativland

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/30/stand-by-for-failure-the-full-documentary-on-negativland.html

3 Likes

Via Natalie Dressed!

Well, apparently, they were in GA in the spring and I missed seeing them! Too bad, I’ve been trying to get out for shows, and would love to have seen them live, especially as a double-feature with the film.

5 Likes

Fantastic. Thanx fer the heads up. I can’t remember the last time I watched a long documentary straight through without pausing.

2 Likes

They are coming back to Seattle in August for a movie/concert double header. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get tickets.

Last time there were here was in 2021. I collect set lists, so when Mark Hosler was packing up after the show I asked if he had a set list and he laughed at me. :grimacing: He explained that every show on the tour was largely improvised.

2 Likes

Saw them years ago on their “U2” tour. Later saw them on the True/False tour. They put on a weirdly great live show.

It is never appropriate, coming out of an up tempo song, to then jump into a story about a g#dd@mn dog dying.

2 Likes

I saw the True/False tour and it was amazing.

Recently I played Negativland tracks to some younger music fans, people into out-there stuff who I thought would appreciate it, and they were unimpressed.

2 Likes