Stanley water bottle madness grips America

1 or 2?
My wife has like 6 of the +20oz Yeti tumblers and two 40oz hydroflask containers that are in full rotation. Most days I think she drinks 2 tumblers and the 40oz (coffee, water, & water.) I don’t really see the issue with having more than 2 stainless steel containers. They should be able to be recycled and as long as you are using it them there isn’t a problem?

We have (or had) lots of cheap water bottles from various organized events, work place events, basically anywhere cheap swag is given away with some branding on it…yeah all garbage (in the figurative sense). Most of them have either been recycled or donated away.

I use to scoff at the Yeti branded stuff as overpriced, but when the wife bought that first rambler and I saw that magnetic lid slider…well obviously we have many more in our collection now. I use none of them however, just a 40oz hydroflask for taking water to work.

2 Likes

Ah, this would explain the surge of ‘you’ve won a free Stanley !’ phishing spam landing in one of my spam folders.

3 Likes

e9b4c4c5-415e-4819-b44a-96b7a0798128

9 Likes

That’s a trap for Maple Leafs fans. :grimacing:

6 Likes

The lid was what sold me on it, along with the whole “chuck the parts into the top rack of the dishwasher” thing. I have a couple plastic baskets for the top rack that holds small parts and the lid and slider fit nicely into them. (they came with the dishwasher that came with the house; the dishwasher’s long since gone, but those baskets just work.)

3 Likes

Hark, a Yeti snob!

:wink:

5 Likes

I’m drinking coffee out of a Yeti right now!

And I’ll be drinking water out of a different Yeti in a minute. Coffee cut-off time is noon. :wink:

We have Detroit water, which doesn’t taste great out of the tap, so we filter it. We only buy bottled water if there’s some wider emergency (water plant gets compromised, massive flood, Canadians invaded, you know, actual emergencies).

4 Likes

Hydration is a psyop of big water.

4 Likes

To the tune of “Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road” please.

1 Like

I don’t know when or where Mr Stanley Cup was imprisoned but we must, indeed, campaign vociferously for the poor chap’s release.

(Is Peter Gabriel going to record a song?)

Don’t worry, the Stanley Cup will be free to roam the planet come mid-June of this year. :wink:

1 Like

Guests should bring their own bottles, AmIRight? But alas, we had guests over in Nov and I had to buy bottled water at Target (I never buy bottled water). Couldn’t believe how expensive it is.

What I’ve found is that the insulated mugs keep my beer chilled a lot longer than keeping it in the original can (yep, canned beer drinker here). Wife uses the mug in the morning since her creamer thing cools down her coffee, but I don’t use additives, and I want my coffee to cool off so I can drink it without scalding.

1 Like

At our house they get a clean Nalgene and pointed to the fridge filtered tap. If they ask nicely, I sometimes let them keep the Nalgene (so I can excuse buying new colors). :shushing_face:

Yum yum, nanoplastics!

https://archive.md/HzwuV

But then, I suppose those could also be in the water that’s in my Brita pitcher? :thinking: :weary:

Their stainless steel (never use the abbreviation, least your post get deleted as a violation) shot glasses are a camping necessity to drown disappointment after getting skunked fishing.

Found on the internet. Are we all old enough to know?

3 Likes

Beer is better in cans, no light enters, lightweight, transportable, recyclable, better than glass except when it’s time to drink em :slight_smile:

1 Like

You beat me to it. I don’t buy bottled beer anymore.

And on topic, I don’t buy Stanley insulated mugs to show off on TikTok. I have a Contigo mug that was gifted to me, and is one of my favorite and most-used possessions. It’s black.

I love my Yeti stuff because I can put cold water in them and 24 hours later it’s still cold.

1 Like