Star Trek Starfleet insignia found on Mars

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/14/star-trek-starfleet-insignia-f.html

7 Likes

12 year old me would have entertained a strong hope that the scientists were wrong on this one. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Looks like fossilized megalodon teeth, to me…

5 Likes

We’ve now reached the point where the Martian Defense Force is just trolling us.

16 Likes

Mars is the red shirt to Earth’s blue shirt.

(that’s the best I could come up for my Mars > red > red shirt > get killed idea)

6 Likes

My Trekkie meter just exploded.

7 Likes

man, it took so long for my brain to push that in, and not see it as a bump out, even though I knew it was recessed, my brain kept seeing bumping out. I had to turn my head sideways so the shadow on the edge was casting down.

5 Likes

You mean Nike?

3 Likes

Seems like it would go against the Prime Directive to tag planets.

8 Likes

Captain Georgiou? Is that you?

1 Like

If you zoom in real close, you can see the sign “Utopia Planitia Federation Shipyards, planned construction site”.

4 Likes

I see something else when I look at it.

4 Likes

Is that why it’s taken so long to find it?

5 Likes

Oh, you’ll have Babylon 5 fans on your heels any moment pointing out this depiction of a Shadow ship isn’t accurate.

That said, I think this is the answer to what “dark matter” really is.

1 Like

Oh Captain Giorgiou…

You mean Her most Imperial Majesty, Mother of the Fatherland, Overlord of Vulcan, Dominus of Qo’noS, Regina Andor, Philippa Georgiou Augustus Iaponius Centarius, since we do seem to be in that universe.

2 Likes

When they do, this will be my inevitable reply:

2 Likes

Better: What are those circles at the bottom of the bottom image?

Body-piercing jewellery of course

Them Martians were biiiiig.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.