Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones recut as a buddy cop film

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/17/star-wars-episode-ii-attack.html

5 Likes

That clip had more energy than all three prequels combined. Amazing what the right pacing and editing can do. That’s a Star Wars movie I’d sit down to watch. The last 6 (7 if you count Jedi) total crap.

11 Likes

I stopped watching the prequels after I saw the first one, but given how much Lucas’s work on the first three Star Wars movies was improved by the efforts (in particular the editing) of others, I have to wonder if it wouldn’t be possible to do an edit like that and save the film.

Yeah, I would watch that one.

7 Likes

And Hayden Christianson is still out acted by a three foot high big eared green puppet.

9 Likes

Ewan Macgregor is the best thing about all three of those movies to me.

7 Likes

I always liked the Auralnauts’ version:

5 Likes

I only saw Episode 1, so this was the most I’ve ever seen of Episode 2.
Its kind of worse than I had even imagined, and this is the better presentation?
Woof!

Search out the “anti-cheese” edits, they’re watchable.

1 Like

Still looks terrible.

You can’t polish a turd. All you get is shit on your chamois.

The Mythbusters say otherwise:

2 Likes

Ahh, and you believed them.

Quick cutaways that minimize the time the actual movie is on screen are a bad sign in real trailers too. And there’s just no hiding the writing or wooden performances. I would not watch this version.

Auralnauts production is always slick.
I felt the sound (all those mute cuts) let this clip down a bit but good work if it was a school project or learner.

I couldn’t even watch that all the way through, the acting, the dialogue, the crappy CGI.
Even as a parody it’s unwatchable. AOTC is the worst of all SW movies

Personally I think Ep1 is the least bad of the prequels, by virtue of having no Hayden Christiansen and some Liam Neeson. I haven’t watched it since it came out though, and I’ve no intention of watching it again to confirm my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d watch that.

Also, nice retro-1970ies-disco font.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.