Star Wars: Frames, book set of Lucas's favorite film stills

[Permalink]

How sad that Lucas’ efforts went into lavish navel-gazing retreads like this instead of actually directing movies that didn’t have Star Wars in the title.

I definitely clicked the “tell the publisher you would like to read this on Kindle” button. Just imagine all those frames rendered in luscious grayscale on a small e-ink screen!

Any chance I can pay half and get just the OT frames?

I got the pre-order guys, don’t bother. It’s just alternating pages of “All work and no play makes Lucas a dull boy” and close ups of JarJar Binks.

Did he personally look at all 1.2 million frames to choose his favorites?

(I think - 792 mins, 25 fps?)

Some of them might not look like you remember.

Well, I know I did, so he probably did as well. If you look at them fast enough, it almost seems to tell a story! ;^)

>2013
>designating George Lucas as an arbiter of taste, particularly towards the Star Wars franchise
>paying him any money ever again
>i seriously hope you guys don’t do this

Jesus - $3000 for a book? Man - I want one :oD

$150 isn’t cheap either. But I did pay that much for the Deluxe Star Wars Galaxy Ltd. Hardcover Ed. Wow was that thing gorgeous. It was signed by Ralf McQuarrir!! (Didn’t know this when I ordered it.) And about 2 dozen more comic artists. Since then Ive had probably a dozen more artist sign the book next to their art. It would be awesome to get everyone, but I think some of them are already dead :o(

Here is what I’m talking about, though the $2.5k price is one of those “lol, good luck with that” prices.

Eh, in fairness to George (although he really doesn’t deserve it anymore), this is probably just the first of a long list of Disney cash ins. Four billion dollars needs to be recouped somehow…

Ignoring the nominal price: The book for the anti-films may balance the book for the original films – but if the latter has any of the reworked scenes, that throws the total value into the negative column again and they’d have to pay me to take the set.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.