Star Wars has movie directors, but no direction

Originally published at: Star Wars has movie directors, but no direction | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I would never watch new Star Wars content again if that ever happens.

6 Likes

Well…the comic versions of Star Wars have always been Marvel creations, even before both properties were acquired by Disney, so … I think if nothing else, a “What If…” crossover of some kind is probably inevitable.

2 Likes

I can’t actually think of any remotely-official Star Wars crossover. Has there really been no such thing…?

I’d think the most likely possibility would be a good old-fashioned multiverse reboot thing. They did do “The Star Wars” in comics, after all.

2 Likes

The last we heard about Waititi’s Star Wars was that filming would start in 2023 at the very earliest, with his commitments to Our Flag Means Death season 2 and Time Bandits taking up the back end of 2022.

Wait, what? They’re remaking Time Bandits? Why?

5 Likes

There was a Dark Horse comic where Indiana Jones found the Millennium Falcon crashed in a jungle, that’s about as close as they’ve come so far.

5 Likes

I was going to mention this as well. If I recall correctly Han died in the crash and Chewbacca was subject to a number of bigfoot style sightings.

3 Likes

I have come to realise, over many movies, tv shows and 6 pre/sequels that I now HATE everything Star Wars… except the original trilogy.

(But I will say that I hate Rogue One the least. It fills in a pot hole nicely and shows what a badass Vader was.)

1 Like

This is the Star Wars movie I want.

Blue Milk Special “Silence of the Ewoks”

7 Likes

They have have had official Star Trek crossovers though (with both the Original Series and Next Generation).

Planet_X_Star_Trek
Star_trek_xmen_1

4 Likes

Aye, that’s unforgettable. They even roped in Doctor Who at least once.

2 Likes

… after 46 years of this, is it really possible to be Star Wars, and be interesting, at the same time :confused:

This week The Mandalorian was very good.

5 Likes

I think this is a good thing. A Star Wars film should be something big and tremendous (which only 1 really did of the last trilogy for me) There needs to be more time between SW films.

Let the “smaller story” TV shows keep the pace before the next big SW film comes.

2 Likes

I would like a Dredd/Anderson vs Jedi crossover

1 Like

Instantly following the acquisition by Disney, they did cross-over merch. I happened to be at Disneyland the day after that deal was done and they already had R2D2 mouse ear hats and Mickey Mouse lightsabers for sale, among many other things.

It’ll happen.

3 Likes

Mickey was right there with a lightsaber when Star Tours opened in 1987.

1 Like

I believe that anything published by Marvel is officially in the multiverse.

1 Like

The inevitable Jesus/Thor/Khonsu team-up is gonna be off the chain.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.