Statue of Robert E. Lee removed from US Capitol building

Heck, you can’t even get a visa or green card if any of that can be said about you. Forget about holding public office.

The two questions that always amused me most on all the immigration paperwork I’ve done over the years are:

I think you make a very strong point that all this Confederate nonsense people engage in could rightly be considered to qualify.

Isn’t being allowed to do that, like, explicitly what America is supposed to be about? I mean, there is a Communist Party in America that fields candidates from time to time. Also, since this is directed at immigrants, do they imagine the “Communist Party” is some global unified entity? I get that this is just McCarthyism baggage in the paperwork that nobody has bothered to remove, but it’s still really bizarre and reveals the huge gulf between what America says it is about and what it actually does.

8 Likes

I’m reminded of the elderly lady entering the US who was asked to fill out an immigration form. At the question, “Do you support the overthrow of the United States government by subversion or violence?” she paused a moment, then circled “violence”.

8 Likes

:rofl:

Britain currently has ten different Communist parties. If you include far left parties that don’t include the word Communist in their name then there are around fifty.

Do the US government have an opinion on which one is the real one?

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.